Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Instant Gratification

Inspired by Things I Ate That I Love and also, arguably, by altruism, I am sharing my Top Ramen alternative. Not that it's ramen, exactly, because it is definitely not, but it's Top Ramen-like in that it's vaguely Asiatic and cheap and fast and comforting. That last is also arguable because I've never actually eaten it with anyone around and maybe it's actually really gross and I don't realize it. Having just had some, though, I feel pretty confident that it's reasonably tasty. Also, it's better for you than Top Ramen.

"Chinese" noodle soup

1 bundle of cellophane noodles
1/2 cube of chicken bouillon
1 and 1/2 cups (ish?) boiling water
soy sauce (liberal)
rice vinegar (liberal)
hot chili oil (liberal)

Put noodles in a bowl. Crumble the bouillon, add everything else. Pour in boiling water, and cover for a minute or two. Uncover and stir--at this point, the noodles should be very al dente, and the bouillon fully dissolved. Eat.

No comments: